Main Forum | Post Reply
WTA tourney's, don't think there's a perfect solution, but current format seems to unfair to me
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Apr 18, 7:41am EST

WTA tourney's, don't think there's a perfect solution, but current format seems to unfair to me
Posted by ImDerc (VIP) 1 Aug 2019 6:12am

For those who don't know what a WTA tourney is, it's where only 3 players enter a tourney & 1 gets a bye & goes straight to the final. if they win that match, they win the tourney & all the adulation and millions of dollars that go with it (I wish, lol).
I have played these tourneys before, but choose not to now, they are just too unfair. There's no perfect solution, but want to suggest an alternative.
In the final, if the player who didn't receive a bye wins, straight up, they win, no one would argue that's unfair, they have beaten both other players & are a deserved winner.
If in the final, the person who received a bye wins, it can be argued that they only won 1 game & shouldn't really be declared the winner yet, as their opponent also won 1 game in the tourney.
My suggestion is that if the bye player wins, a 2nd game is played & whoever is victorious in that game wins the tourney. That way the winner must win 2 games to win the $$.
It's not exactly fair, as the person who lost the 1st round game doesn't get a 2nd chance, but I think it's a little fairer than the current format.
As I said, I used to play WTA tourneys & have won with a bye, lost with a bye, lost with a 1st round victory & won with a 1st round victory. The only time I have felt like a deserved winner is when I have beaten both opponents. Winning after receiving a bye in the 1st round is a hollow victory in my opinion & I don't pop the champagne for such meaningless victories.
This is just a suggestion & would love to hear other tourney players' opinions or suggestions for a fairer way.
I want to play in WTA tourneys, but under the current format I don't & I apologise to any other players who are offended or get pissed off with me for the stance I have chosen.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map