Main Forum | Post Reply
Tournaments Coming
Play canasta tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 29, 11:17am EST

Tournaments Coming
Posted by MagicGames (VIP) 3 Nov 2017 5:31pm

Just to make players aware, Spicii has agreed to start hosting a few canasta tournaments if players are interested and there is support. She will be trying a set time each day that she can and presently that time is planned for 7pm. If there is a preferred time for other players please not the time here so Spicii or any other TD can see about hosting. Tournaments will be 2-3 tix for the time being to allow all players to try. Hope people pass the word and support these efforts. Even one tournament a day is a start and better than zero. Gl to all.

Tournaments
Posted by Adrian_Graveney (VIP) 7 Nov 2017 11:26am

I share your passion for both the game and the game within a game, the ladder. I have won the ladder 3 times since July 2016, and have only once entered a tournament, last months because it was my last chance to get to #1. The sole possible route for #2.
Tournaments are very appropriate for those quick games that attract a lot more players than does the incredible skilled game of Canasta. Which is why the tournaments should be more along the lines of Wimbledon. Bi-weekly with the first 12 days spent qualifying and a tournament for the top 32 beginning at noon the last Saturday and running through to noon Monday. The top 32 players qualify for that tournament....black and blue. Players are seeded by there position on the ladder at the start of the tournament. 1 vs 32, 2 vs 31 etc. #1 for 1st round, $2 for 2nd etc through 5 rounds. Blues pay, Blacks do not.

tournaments
Posted by robinmars 3 Jan 2018 4:40pm

its ok but a start time of 7pm means midnight in uk and I am in bed fencefoot

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play canasta tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map