Main Forum | Post Reply
BG platforms for iOS/OS
Play backgammon tournaments online
It's now:   Jan 19, 10:13am EST

BG platforms for iOS/OS
Posted by remy (VIP) 4 Jan 2018 2:38pm

I have an iPhone and a MacBook that I play on. I have tried all the platforms, I am wondering which iOS platform people like best? They all seem kind of sluggish to me. The java platform on my MacBook doesn't seem to have an undo button, or if there is one I can't find it. So on my laptop I tend to use the blue platform, but its still kind of slow. Any recommendations? And is there anything in the works for a MacBook app?

The app on my iPhone is far better, and is my favorite to use. It is fast and easy. I would love to have something like this on my MacBook.

A bit of feedback though, the only thing I can't seem to do on my iPhone, is figure out how to chat with a TD during a tournament game. I can't access the main chat, and I can't chat to anyone except the person I am playing with. Is there a way around this that I haven't figured out, or will this be fixed in an update? It's the one disadvantage to playing on my phone, but the iPhone app is so much better that I prefer it to playing on my MacBook.

Thanks!

Playing backgammon
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 4 Jan 2018 3:03pm

Although Java is an older platform , it dies have an undo - although it is NOT a button in Java backgammon - you just lift a checker you want to move back and move it back.
To significantly improve the speed on desktop, please use the latest version of our recommended web browser - Google Chrome. If you have futher questions, please use Contact Ys

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play backgammon tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2017

Site map