With Lines-Collapse GC app (HTML5 web app), you can play lines-collapse using any new browser - either on a desktop like Windows or Mac, or on a mobile device like iPhone or iPad or Android phone or tablet.
|GameColony.com Lines-Collapse Video|
For best experience with GameColony web apps, we recommend using Google Chrome web browser.
You can play lines-collapse on a desktop using 2 different lines-collapse apps:
The above app selection box is shown on top of lines-collapse tournament selections.
With 'GC app' selected, after selecting a Lines-Collapse tournament, you will see a Lines-Collapse game appear similar to a picture below.
With "java" option selected, when you later select a Lines-Collapse tournament, it will come up in an old-style Java applet for Lines-Collapse that will work only if Java is installed correctly as described here.
Object of the Game
A Lines-Collapse game table typically shows up like in the picture below.
- The object of the game is to keep your board as free of incoming balls as possible for the duration of the game.
- A player moves the balls to form lines of 4 or more balls of the same color vertically, horizontally or diagonally. Such lines of 4 or more balls are immediately deleted and points are scored.
In the example, a player can move a gray ball in the right-hand side of the board and place it in the empty spot together with other gray balls so that they form a vertical line of 4. Such line will be immediately deleted and points will be scored for each deleted ball.
Moving the Balls
To move the ball, click on it -- and it will start 'vibrating', indicating that it is selected and ready to move. Now click on the destination square -- and the ball will move there if the path is available.
Please note: the balls can only move horizontally or vertically and they cannot pass through other balls. The balls cannot move through gray-colored 'block squares' that occasionally appear.
The longer the deleted line of balls, the more points will be scored.
There is also a time bonus for finishing the game earlier [via Finish button]
- Line of 4 balls scores 12 points -- 3 points for each deleted ball
- Line of 5 balls scores 20 points -- 4 points for each deleted ball
- Line of 6 balls scores 30 points -- 5 points for each deleted ball
- Line of 7 balls scores 42 points -- 6 points for each deleted ball
- At the beginning of the game, try to form longer lines (5 or more) to score more points
- Keep track of which next balls are about to appear (small balls on the right-hand side)