Main Forum | Post Reply
JUST MY OPINION
Play spades tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 28, 7:16pm EST

JUST MY OPINION
Posted by PRETTY_PATTI_ (VIP) 15 Aug 2015 12:50am

Since when is watching a game to see how long a wait I have considered stalking? Allowing watchers is a courtesy I always extend to other players. Tables which are constantly set to disallow watchers are, in my opinion, borderline abusive. Especially in a room as unfriendly and hostile as the Spades room has become. Constant bickering in the challenge negotiations is indicative of the already unpleasant environment. No other room is like this that I am aware of. Such a sad state to try to enjoy ourselves in. I may just need to stick to anything other than Spades to have a good ole GC time. Is there something I should be doing differently, or is this just what it is?

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) 25 Aug 2015 6:56pm

My mother had an old adage about "one bad apple, spoiling the whole barrel" that seems to apply in the Spades room. Of course, I won't name names, but I am nonetheless assured that ladder climbers know of whom I speak. Can we just remember to have fun and "njoy" ourselves in here? We used to do it without all the drama. I will make a pledge here and now. LadyAwe will be courteous to all, polite in her engagements and civil in her chat postings. Can I get an "Amen?"

Look in the mirror and you will realize whom you are talking about
Posted by Calicool (VIP) 26 Aug 2015 9:06pm

Sweep around your own front door, before you start sweeping around other "SPADE" players.By your own words you are describing yourself.Stop the "DRAMA" and play SPADE through a professional approach.

LOL
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) 26 Aug 2015 10:13pm

I rest my case.

Calicool
Posted by stageinharmony (VIP) 29 Aug 2015 9:34pm

Well, I don't know about a professional approach Calicool, unless that means totally ignoring requests for a game several times over the last few days. Not only did you not play me, but you didn't even grace me with a simple 'No thank you'.

WISHFUL THINKING I KNOW!
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) 30 Aug 2015 7:59pm

Sometimes I wish GC was like FB so I could "like" your comment Stage. Maybe what we need is a more detailed explanation of what one refers to as "professional approach."

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play spades tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map