Main Forum | Post Reply
THOUGHTS, IDEAS, INPUT ON 20 SECOND PLAY TIME
Play gin-rummy tournaments online
It's now:   Apr 26, 12:13am EST

THOUGHTS, IDEAS, INPUT ON 20 SECOND PLAY TIME
Posted by ChrisCrossed (TD) 8 Aug 2021 8:55pm

HI all.. there has been a lot of chat going on during Gin Rummy tourneys that I host, in favor of changing the playing time set from 20 seconds 1/3 min.. to 10 to 15 seconds. PLEASE comment here and let me know your thoughts! I am curious who feels this should be changed, and to what time setting... and who doesn't feel it needs any changes. ALL GIN PLAYERS are encouraged to give input!!

faST PLAYSOUNDS GOOD
Posted by rockieme (VIP) 8 Aug 2021 10:06pm

SOUNDS GR8 THAT WAYLESS TIME TO WAIT FOR PLAYERS THAT ARE SLOW BUT WHAT EVEE WKS YU CAN TRY IT IF NOT GO BACK

20 second
Posted by FriendlyTurnip (VIP) 8 Aug 2021 10:11pm

i as a player that plays in in a lot of tournament sometime i wont join do to the players that have join the reason is they play the slow game and most of the time is over 20 second or just about i see it as a head game to get the other player up set or in there mind i belive 10 second is plenty off time to make a move many players wont play if they in the tournament i dont want to say name im not here to start problem but to solve a problem you know how many players you lose cause they wont join cause of this people is not fair to the players or the tds that have to wait ty

Gin rummy time to play a hand
Posted by Papaw (VIP) 8 Aug 2021 11:18pm

Hello guys: What we have here is 2 situations. One, the TDs are trying to move the games along, which is wonderful.
The other is, a few players, who given the chance, will stall the game for strategy purposes. Well, reducing the time to respond will eliminate that situation.
10 Seconds is my recommendation, and has been qualified by a few of the best in the world.
I don’t need to give names.
Thanks for the consideration.

20 second playtime
Posted by love2travel (VIP) 9 Aug 2021 1:11pm

No one, except very specific problems, does not need more than 20 seconds to move. Don’t even need that much time.

Make the move from 30 seconds.
Posted by spudmanmike (VIP) 15 Aug 2021 4:01am

10 seconds is adequate.The comment by old burro is true and there has been times I will not play in a tourney.When playing on the main board,I never stay once I see 1 minute to make a move,how ridiculous .

5 to 10 secs
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 15 Aug 2021 3:09pm

There is no reason for more than 10 seconds ever. The TD's do a fantastic job hosting tourneys and I would hate to see tourneys stop happening because of people playing too slowly. If you cannot play in 10 seconds, maybe tournies are not the place for you?

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT!
Posted by ChrisCrossed (TD) 2 Sep 2021 7:42pm

AS MOST OF YOU TOURNEY PLAYERS KNOW BY NOW,,WE HAVE /ARE SWITCHING TO 15 SECOND TIME.

IT WILL BE A WHILE BEFORE OUR COMPUTER SOFTWARE/PROGRAMMING CAN CATCH UP TO THE CHANGE, BUT IN THE MEANTIME, WE ARE RUNNING A PROGRAM TO SPOT CHECK SOME TABLE PLAY TIMES, AND WILL COME TO A TABLE TO WARN IF TIME IS GOING OVER 15 SECONDS WHEN THE PROGRAM IS RUNNING. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO CHECK ALL TABLES ALL OF THE TIME, SO OBVIOUSLY DO NOT CATCH EVERY ONE. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO KEEP IT RUNNING RUN IT ON TABLES WHERE THERE APPEARS TO BE A PROBLEM... OR WHERE A PLAYER HAS ASKED US TO WATCH THE PLAY TIME.

ALL IN ALL.. I AM ALREADY SEEING A DIFFERENCE IN TOURNEY TABLE PLAY TIMEs! NOT PERFECT YET, BUT WE'RE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play gin-rummy tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map