Main Forum | Post Reply
INPUT
Play gin-rummy tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 28, 7:51pm EST

INPUT
Posted by DeDe (TD) 19 Mar 2018 1:26pm

I AM GOING TO HOST GIN ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS FROM 10 TO 30 PM AND BG'S LATER FROM 50 TO 70 PM ---- HOW WILL THAT WORK AND DO YOU LIKE THE TIME CHANGE ON WEEKENDS ??????????

Posted by Charmeuse (VIP) 20 Mar 2018 9:14am

Time seems fine, but I hope you won't do it every 1/2 hour because people get stuck in 1 tourney and you barely get enough for the next one. If I want to spend some time playing tourney, I don't want to feel rushed anyway. Personally, I don't prefer 50 points tourney since it's requires less skill. 1 set of bad cards and you are totally out in 2 sec.

CONSIDER THIS
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) 21 Mar 2018 7:47pm

Yes, I agree with Araleia. Times are fine, but gin is different than backgammon. There really isn't value to tournaments that are run on a 30-minute time frame. First they can only be done with 50 point matches and those are not enjoyable nor challenging skill-wise. Tourneys that are scheduled back to back need to be a minimum of 100 pts and on an hourly basis. Here in gin you can really change up the type of match with so many different options, but please avoid 50 pt. matches. Thanx for the efforts to please us DeDe.

IDEA
Posted by DeDe (TD) 22 Mar 2018 12:45pm

Thanks girls I hear you and will not post anymore 50 pt tourneys and will keep them on an hourly base ---- I sure do appreciate your input ty --- I do try to please as you are all very important to me

Posted by Charmeuse (VIP) 22 Mar 2018 12:49pm

Many thanks to you as a caring TD, Dede. Your effort is high appreciated!

INPUT
Posted by Star (TD) 22 Mar 2018 6:01pm

OK GLAD I CAME HERE TONIGHT WILL BE THE LAST OF THE 30 MIN TOURNEYS. THEY WILL BE RAN ON THE HR. THANKS. FOR TELLING US HOW YOU FELL.

One more observation
Posted by Charmeuse (VIP) 23 Mar 2018 6:06pm

1/2 min per move is way way to long especially when some participants may abuse and drag their moves to 1/2 min when they are losing. (Believe me, when they gin, they will click within 1 sec, so I know it's not lagging!) Please admin, listen to our plea and change the time/move to 1/3 min, and you can see more people picking up tourneys again. Thank you!

Default max time per-move is now changed to 20 sec
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 25 Mar 2018 9:55pm

Stated default times-per-move in newly created tournaments will now be in seconds with default being 20 sec-per-move

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play gin-rummy tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map