Main Forum | Post Reply
Suggestion
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 28, 7:25am EST

Suggestion
Posted by ImDerc (VIP) 8 Mar 2023 12:05pm

A relatively new improvement to this site has been that TD's can play when only 3 players have signed up so that WTA tournies can be avoided. As someone who refuses to play WTA tournies I love that.
Why stop there though, if TDS can play under those circumstances; why not just let them play every tourney if they want to?
If they pay the entry fee like everyone else, the more the merrier & the bigger the payout to whoever wins or comes 2nd/3rd.

TD Play
Posted by ChrisCrossed (moderator) 19 Mar 2023 1:55pm

Hi ImDerc .. thanks for this thought.

We, as TDs appreciate the ability to join and play to allow a tournament to run for the players, either as the third player for a WTA, or the 4th player.

The reason for us not to play anytime in any tournament is that fact that we are doing "double duty" when we play -- we are running the tournament, keeping players and tables straight, timing play time, acknowledging player wins and losses, updating brackets, etc.

All this is okay to manage if there are just 2 or 3 others in the room ... but any more players than that, like a 7 or 8 player tourney that was double elim... we would not be able to keep up with the tournament duties that are our main focus.

fair point ChrisCrossed
Posted by ImDerc (VIP) 29 Mar 2023 9:38am

Hadn't thought of the excellent points you make.
My mistake; keep up the awesome job you do.
Wish you could become a player in any tourney you host; have enjoyed the few games we have played.
But now you have explained to me why that isn't possible; I understand. I hope you continue to play if it avoids the stupid WTA all 3 person tourneys where one lucky person gets a free ride to the final.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map