Main Forum | Post Reply
ratings
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 28, 7:48am EST

ratings
Posted by xeasygoin 25 Sep 2021 5:52am

We keep being told that ratings dont matter one jot, then why have them? Its human nature to be competitive if this kind of scoring is put before you. For some people, trying to get a high score, is just a way of making things more interesting, nothing personal. I know we can play tix but we cant all do that, my wife would go apeshit if she saw that i spent money online. If its really that much of a problem they should put the win/loss figures, rather than a rating, next to the players ID. Guarantee anyone would play anyone.

Because
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 28 Sep 2021 12:00pm

It made you think that it has a value when it has none. If your wife gets upset because you spent "money online" then I am guessing that you never purchased anything like Amazon, Walmart or Netflix? Find that a little hard to believe.

Posted by memagpie2000 8 Oct 2021 5:18am

x easy

I totally agree with you
ratings make it so much more difficult to find a decent game at times

Right 221...
Posted by RumRummy (VIP) 4 Nov 2021 3:49pm

Absolutely, if you are not playing for tix.. or ladder points.. then just enjoy the game!! I find my rating fluctuates drastically depending on various factors. One week I am in the high 1500 and the next week I am 1350 ... up and down a lot depending on the frequency of my play. That does not make me a worse player this week than I was last week... neither does it make me a stunningly good player when my rating is high. Four years in and I'm still studying and learning the ways to fine tune my game. The cards are there, or they aren't. If they are there, I know what to do with them. So... if I play you at my 1580 rating... then play you at my 1350 rating..well.. you are getting the same player, with the same ability.

ratings
Posted by Andyabb48 16 Nov 2021 2:57pm

if points were the same for every game regardlees of rating eg-20 points for a win then anyone could play anyone! Just a thought!

Ratings.
Posted by gjamies1 (VIP) 8 Dec 2021 12:01pm

Ratings have, IMO, been a pain in the butt for ages. I just had an invite from a player rating 1790 and at the time I was 1694. Guess what, they wouldn't play me. They were not waiting for anyone specific, I watched for a number of minutes and one by one players were rejected. When cribbage was available on the Microsoft site they had the same thing, ended up very few played there.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map