Main Forum | Post Reply
High ratings not playing lower ratings. Sorted just give both players ten points each no what ratings
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Apr 25, 8:51am EST

High ratings not playing lower ratings. Sorted just give both players ten points each no what ratings
Posted by all101 19 Aug 2021 1:04pm

Both players get ten points what ever there ratings

Ten points per win
Posted by ab_guy_cdn 20 Aug 2021 9:36pm

I agree your suggestion would be better than what it is now. However narrowing up the points awarded as per rating might also help. For example: the maximum the higher rated player would gain/lose at 10 points.

Did you not know
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 21 Aug 2021 11:53am

That people play themselves to get higher ratings? The ratings are meaningless to anyone who knows how they can be manipulated. Check the win/loss record and if you see someone with a 2800 rating with more losses than wins, you have to ask yourself how that might happen? Worry about playing for the ladder, or just play for fun. Better yet become a tix player. None of those folks are worried about ratings.

Higher rated players
Posted by gjamies1 (VIP) 24 Aug 2021 7:29am

Worst thing is when a higher rated player has an open table, posts an invite, you click on the table and then they totally ignore you and wait for you to leave.

Tix players
Posted by playingforfun_2015 28 Aug 2021 12:16am

One of the main reasons (and I'm man enough to admit it) that I won't play someone with a significantly lower rating is pretty soon I am the player with the low rating and it becomes very difficult to find a game.

So...
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 29 Aug 2021 1:07pm

You're not really playing for fun are you playingforfun2015? You are worried about your rating. It is not hard at all to find a game unless you are looking at the ratings when you accept or join a game.

Finding a Game
Posted by Marroons 29 Aug 2021 7:50pm

@221bBakerStreet: I noticed that it can sometimes take a while* to find someone to play when one's rating is low (<1390) and especially when the number of players is low (late in the EST zone), but it's usually not more than a 5 minutes wait.

Then, it depends if you have a network of usual opponents and maybe VIP status affects wait times as well (I can't tell since, I've never been VIP).

*It also depends how eager one is to play

Easy fix
Posted by Isign4Him 24 Sep 2021 10:54am

There is no upside to playing a player with a lower rating . They receive the
only benefit thus making it harder for lower ratings to find gam

The upside?
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 28 Sep 2021 11:59am

What upside is there if you are not playing for tix or ladder points at all? The upside is you are playing the best two-person card game ever invented. You have artificially created a value to the rating system that simply does not exist. If that rating system had any value at all, I will sell you all my rating points for 5 Tickets. Any takers? Let me know if there are because some of you still think that the artificial rating system has some worth. If anyone wants my rating points, I'll send you my PayPal and once I get the 5 Tickets worth, I'll send you all my points. Deal anyone?

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map