Main Forum | Post Reply
Data Analytics
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Apr 26, 4:13am EST

Data Analytics
Posted by Marroons 3 Feb 2021 11:03pm

In the age of advanced statistics in sports, big data and data analytics, I would like to suggest to have access to statistics such as :
• split between hand points and pegging points at the end of the game;
• results against a specific player i.e. win, loss, point average, hand point average, pegging point average and even type of points* (pairs, suites, flush,...), current streak, last 10 games results, number of games played, ...

*type of points might be subject to debate

Get some fresh air..
Posted by Benito_Gasolinie (VIP) 4 Feb 2021 12:12pm

If you get out more, there's this thing in the sky called the sun and you'd also breathe fresh air. The stats are fine just as they are.

Win/loss
Posted by Philo78 (VIP) 4 Feb 2021 1:20pm

Win/loss against opponents would be interesting, not sure about the rest

Nah
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 4 Feb 2021 10:43pm

This is the type of information that poker gambling sites offer players. I agree with Philo. Win/loss would kind of sort of be interesting, but only for Tix players in Tix matches. Why would the site owners/operators spend time and effort to extensively build and maintain a database when the person requesting it is not even a VIP and does not appear to contribute a single dollar to the site? What you are asking for is the type of thing that paying players would ask for. Maybe you could create and write the code for free and offer it to Game Colony (for free)?

Suggestion
Posted by Marroons 12 Feb 2021 4:57am

Thorn_Jack: I didn't know that you knew all of more whereabouts. FYI, I get my share of natural vitamin D from sunlight.

Squire: Non-tix players get their share of ads, which is also a source of income for Game Colony, but you're right it's a business decision to give additional features for tix players.

>>> Why would the site owners/operators spend time and effort to extensively build and maintain a database when the person requesting it is not even a VIP and does not appear to contribute a single dollar to the site?

To increase the player experience and gain a competitive advantage to maintain/increase market share and revenues.

>>> What you are ASKING FOR is the type [...]

I wrote: I would like to SUGGEST
It's just a suggestion.

>>> you could create and write the code for free

In order to code this, I would need access to the code. I'm not sure it's a good idea to give the code to outsiders, which would then see how the database is structured with phone numbers, ticket balance and social number (if these are still tracked). This would increase the FRAUD RISK with possible code hacks, I doubt that Game Colony's risk appetite statement goes along these lines.

Opinion
Posted by BabyBlues26 (VIP) 12 Feb 2021 4:24pm

I understand what is all being said here from a VIP player point of view. I would have to agree with it only being beneficial for Tix players for Mini Tourneys & Tournaments only. Rated games don't matter much to those who play for tix. If you choose to not contribute towards the site and making it better by not being a VIP. Why would it matter your win/loss against players?

Statistics
Posted by gjamies1 (VIP) 12 Apr 2021 10:31am

There is only one statistic that counts, whether you have won or lost, in my opinion, the rest is just smoke screen.

RE: Statistics
Posted by Marroons 2 May 2021 1:31am

gjamies1 wrote: "There is only one statistic that counts, whether you have won or lost, in my opinion, the rest is just smoke screen."

This is similar to state that the only important metric in business is profit or long-term profits (solvability). If the income statement is red-inked, this is when you want to have other metrics to identify where your business is failing. and to take an action plan to remedy to the problem.

The same applies to sports and to cribbage. If your game is trending the wrong way, you want to stop this by changing your game through studying, analysis, changing the amulet,...

Business vs Cribbage
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 2 May 2021 4:22pm

You make an interesting point, but none of the analytics you mentioned above would actually help you, because you would be unable to determine WHY those things occurred. Have you read books on cribbage, played in a local club or attended a major in-person tournament? Have you joined the ACC, participated on other sites like Daily Cribbage Hand to better understand the game? Have you become a VIP member at Game Colony and played in online tournaments? Until you begin to really WANT to become better at cribbage, all of the statistics in the world will not make you a better player. If you want to be able to beat the best in the world, you have to learn and compete against the best in the world. At the very least you should be joining the ACC and compete in online weekly free ACC tournaments on this site and others. That will at least expose you to better players than you are currently playing. You will not learn or adjust your game, or change any amulet by playing average players. You should mix online and in-person play and should be playing around 50-100 games per week. When you want to become serious about winning cribbage, then follow all of the steps outlined above and you will begin to play winning cribbage. Until then, it is just a pasttime and all the statistics or analytics in the world will not assist you in becoming a better player.

re statistics
Posted by gooders2 (VIP) 8 May 2021 10:15am

re maroons this is not a business its a game if you are continualy loosing then you are not throwing the right cards away or pairing when you should not i e if you are holding 887756 what do you throw away

Maroons
Posted by gjamies1 (VIP) 10 May 2021 10:16am

Being an ex company director,I did not play games with my company, and was not dealt a hand I had to make the best of. To compare a card game with running a business is ..........

Statistics
Posted by iPeg (VIP) 15 Dec 2021 8:46pm

In my opinion, the most meaningful statistics in cribbage are winning percentage, ratio of skunking others to being skunked, and average differentials between a players hand, crib, and pegging and his opponent’s hand, crib, and pegging.

Posted by CribCutee123 (VIP) 17 Dec 2021 1:56pm

It's very disheartening to see how rude and defensive everyone gets when someone makes a suggestion. I didn't read the OP as demanding in any way. Kindness matters.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map