Main Forum | Post Reply
3 person wta all tourneys
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Apr 25, 6:35pm EST

3 person wta all tourneys
Posted by ImDerc (VIP) 19 Dec 2020 12:44am

Such a stupid format where a player gets a bye straight into finals.
I'm sure most players have played 3 handed cribbage in real life, so why doesn't GC do that when only 3 players sign up for a tourney?
All 3 players get dealt 5 cards each, 1 card is dealt to crib & each player puts 1 card in crib.
It's a very common version of cribbage, so why doesn't GC do that? WTA is just a stupid unfair to someone version, GC definitely needs to update their software so they can make 3 player tourneys fair, not heavily biased towards 1 player like they are now.

WTA tournaments and online play
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 19 Dec 2020 11:09am

WTA stands for 'winner-take-all'. Even the name implies that it is 1 player-centric.
(*) Whoever gets a bye is random
(*) Land-play game/tournament formats where greater than 2 players are involved in the same game do not work well in online play where there's a high probability of a 2-player collusion (e.g. sharing their card information over the telephone) and 'sandbagging' their clueless opponent.
Online poker sites are well aware of this problem and implement some limited functionality that catches only the repeat collusion offenders who, then, try to cover their tracks by enlisting 'friends' and/or selecting alternative identities and the same eternal fight persists...

I agree with the Webmaster
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 21 Dec 2020 9:52pm

ImDerc, while you might not agree with the format, the alternative is way worse. This is why you won't see doubles either for tix. Too easy to cheat with another player. (in person or online) Anyone playing online poker knows that this is going on, which is one of the reasons most legit jurisdictions outlawed them. Imagine if it was me and my sister against you. I could easily know two hands, tell her to lead a card, what I am going to play next etc. It doesn't matter which one of us wins, only that you lose. WTA is not unfair the way it is now. I just played a two-game WTA. The bye player did not win. I did. Not sure how that is unfair.

Posted by ImDerc (VIP) 27 Dec 2020 12:06am

If you & your sister are cheats that would collaborate in a wta tourney, so be it. I would still prefer to take both of u on than play under the WTA format that is in place now, lol.

Clearly
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 27 Dec 2020 2:12pm

You missed the point ImDerc. It was your proposed of online format dealing 5 cards to three people (which we call cutthroat) that allows easy online cheating, not mine. The way you suggested it lends itself to cheating. So if you want that format, then you are in favor of cheating. Not me. I was offering you a logical way to look at a problem and somehow you turned it around to me and my sister. I don't even have a sister. If you would prefer to take two people on, then you should be in favor of the WTA format, not against it.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map