Main Forum | Post Reply
30 minute tournaments
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Apr 20, 2:52am EST

30 minute tournaments
Posted by BabyBlues26 (VIP) 14 Aug 2020 10:02pm

It has caught my attention that lately the 30 minute tournaments have been taking a lot longer then they should. They should last as long as this if not less then the allotted 30 minute time frame. I understand some players do play slower for whatever reason it may be such as slow internet connection, Needing extra time to figure out max point value in hand versus what to toss into the crib, Position on board and so forth but under no circumstance should a single game be taking 17 minutes to be played from start to finsh. This has been causing a lot of issues for those players who wish to play in the other various tournaments throughout the evening including HR. Please be kind & respectful of other players time.

Thanks,
BabyBlues26

Game length
Posted by Philo78 (VIP) 15 Aug 2020 7:46am

Live games were suggested 15 minutes. Internet games should be no more than 10 minutes in my opinion because of no shuffling, dealing, counting, or peg movement. That being said any tournies >8 players may not finish in 30 minutes.

Posted by peterpel (VIP) 15 Aug 2020 11:49am

I agree, some games take too long and make for long wait times within the tournaments. I find many people take a long time to press the 'Continue' button between hands. That alone would speed things up. I agree with Philo78 also, if there are more than 8 players you may not finish in under 30 minutes.

There is no reason
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 17 Aug 2020 11:48pm

8 players are no byes. No way should there be over 30 minute tourneys. I agree with Miss Babyblues. A game should last no more than 5-10 minutes at most. If 17 minutes, there is some significant delay of game that needs to be addressed by the TD.

There ARE reasons!
Posted by GoDiva (moderator) 19 Aug 2020 3:24pm

If you play my tourneys you will know that I try to keep them moving along as much as possible. That said, there are things which can slow them down. Firstly, not everyone is ready to set once the pairings are announced. Some people need nudging several times to get started. Then there are the rare occasions where we have new players who do not heed the TD at all and join any table that they see open. I say rare occasions, but there are a couple of players who have caused considerable delays recently. We also have a number of people who play slowly for specific reasons - we have a few players in their nineties who deserve our respect and a little more patience. Poor connections can also slow a game down. Even excessive lobby chat slows the progress of a tourney. And of course we have people who deliberately play a slow game or disconnect on the point of losing. I am not saying that tourneys cannot or should not be faster, but there are many reasons that can affect the duration.

30 minute tournaments
Posted by hantscricket (VIP) 19 Aug 2020 5:56pm

If certain people are causing problems why not warn them and if they persist ban them!

YES
Posted by GoDiva (moderator) 20 Aug 2020 9:54am

We do that, but give them time to get used to the tourney set up first. This period can be frustrating, though many people settle straight into the system. i do agree that 17 minutes does seem very excessive though. I will also take this opportunity to thank our experienced players who help us with the 'newbies'.

30 minute tourneys?????
Posted by ImDerc (VIP) 22 Aug 2020 1:41am

Sorry for my stupidity & slow typing ability, but what are 30 minute tournaments??? Are they an actual thing??? Or, is this merely a wishful thinking?
Sorry if op would prefer 30 minute tourneys actually existed & prefers that so they dictate what others do & how fast they play, but as far as I'm aware, there is no such thing as a 30 minute tourney. Maybe wrong about that, please feel free to correct me if I am.
Don't think DE tourneys should ever be restricted to 30 minutes, that's just stupidity. Give players time to think & respond to opponent's typing. those 2 things need to be taken into consideration i think.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map