Main Forum | Post Reply
Thanks to TDs
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Apr 24, 2:24pm EST

Thanks to Tournament Directors
Posted by 4Seas (VIP) 11 Apr 2020 9:35am

I'm wondering if there is a way that the players can contribute a few of their tickets to get the TDs a gift card for their great work during this tough time. There has been a huge increase in the number of players, so the need to get things right becomes a bigger challenge for them. I want to especially thank Godiva, Spicii, Pearle, Giants and Chris (and others) in particular because they rarely make mistakes, never engage in chatting negatively about others, and always seem to be on top of the their tourney. It makes for an enjoyable day and lessens level of boredom and anxiety for many of us. I would love to be the first player to donate to this fund, but am not sure how to go about starting it up, or whether the site will even sanction it. I hope someone from the site can advise!

Great idea!
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 11 Apr 2020 10:28am

We have created a TDFUND account and made our first contribution to it. Players who wish to contribute Tickets to TDFUND, please let us know in Contact Us how many Tickets to transfer from your account to TDFUND. On May 1, 2020 we will distribute TDFUND Tickets equally among TDs.

TDFUND
Posted by Spicii (TD) 11 Apr 2020 11:15am

I am so touched bye this and just want to all players to know, I do this for allowing me to see and hear about people. So many friends are made here and you all help fill my day with happiness. I would never be able to know people around the world like this. Cantuvio this touches my heart, just knowing all the friends we have here a Gamecolony, another family. Hugs,, Spicii

Thank you!
Posted by GoDiva (moderator) 11 Apr 2020 11:16am

It is so nice to read such a positive post Thank you so much Cantuvio, it feels good to be appreciated. I'm sure we are all happy to provide the opportunity to alleviate boredom and even provide a bit of excitement in these difficult times. Your thanks is very welcome!

Thanks!
Posted by Giants (TD) 11 Apr 2020 11:26am

I'll double what GoDiva said! Seriously it is so nice to be appreciated. None of us do this to get rich. We love the games, we love the players and most of all we love working as a team to bring you the best online tournament format that we possibly can. You may have even noticed an attempt to introduce more tourney players by offering free monthly tix tourneys so that new players can experience exciting play. You have probably noticed a significant increase in tourneys offered and some outstanding new TD's up and coming like Colt who loves hosting backgammon. As TD's, we felt it was our 'duty' to up our game during these times in order to make life and boredom maybe a little less...well boring. We hope we are succeeding. Please stay safe everyone and we'll all get through this together.

No words ....
Posted by Pearle (moderator) 11 Apr 2020 12:45pm

Wow, what an AWESOME post Cantuvio. I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness, especially at this time when everything is at a standstill. I have been hosting here since 2004 and this really is my second family and all you players are a part of that family. Your kind words mean more to me than you will every know! Love you Cantuvio!

Much appreciated.
Posted by COLT (TD) 11 Apr 2020 3:05pm

Cantuvio,

Thank you for the kind words. Not much more I can add that other TDs haven't said.

Hosting is something I love. Right now it's also helping time go by which is a plus for me.

Again Thank you!!
COLT

Thank you, Cantuvio
Posted by MAB (moderator) 11 Apr 2020 6:06pm

You know how to make our day, Cantuvio. Thank you for your lovely post and your kind words. The tournament directors love what they do and enjoy our players so much. Especially in these uncertain times, it is so good for all of us to have this connection with others.

Thanks Cantuvio!!!
Posted by ChrisCrossed (TD) 11 Apr 2020 6:23pm

I haven't been around as long as many others here, but in this short time, I have learned to love the people, the experience, and sharing with so many that I would not have ever had opportunity to meet in any other circumstance.

Friends are made, joys are shared, life's difficulties are faced with support of people you don't even know... and some you get to meet in person. And yes, it is family and life is changed because of it.

I apologize for lag time in the morning tourney today.. I read your post, and might have had my eyes well up a bit... and inabilty to speak occurred. It took a short time to get it together again.

We all appreciate you and all the other players bringing us the opportunity to have found what we love doing.

Thank you much for your support and kind gesture.
Chris

I would like to donate
Posted by PreciousGem (VIP) 19 Apr 2020 3:27am

I would like to donate 10 tickets to tdfund. hope someday I will be allowed the chance to join the team. thank you.

Thanks, PreciousGem, for your donation!
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 19 Apr 2020 3:49pm

Thanks, PreciousGem, for your donation!
We had several donations requests via Contact Us.
Please make sure to write your donation requests only via Contact Us - either at our website or via your app's Contact Us form available in Help (?) section.

Thanks
Posted by Philo78 (VIP) 20 Apr 2020 2:54pm

Great idea Cantuvio! Special shoutout to Spicii and Pearle as they host most of the tournies I participate in, but all of the TDs are helping to build the game. Thank you!

Thanks very much for your generous contributions!
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 1 May 2020 11:38am

Thanks very much for your generous contributions!
We have also added funds to TDFUND and on May 1 it has been equally distributed between Tournament Directors who are working hard to schedule and run frequent tournaments with increased number of players during this quarantine.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map