Main Forum | Post Reply
Point Allocation
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 29, 7:27am EST

Point Allocation
Posted by USAinUK 10 Mar 2020 9:40am

Anyone else would prefer you win or lose same points as your opponent? Fewer games happen because I'm not going to play someone with 300 fewer points than I have!

Point Allocation
Posted by JAFU57 12 Mar 2020 2:59pm

Its just a game. If the points meant that a Cadillac was awarded for X number of points I would care a little. You are missing out on games because you are worried about fake internet points. I'll play anyone, don't even look at their points

Correct
Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 13 Mar 2020 9:54pm

JAFU57 is 100% correct. If you are not playing for ladder or for tix, points are meaningless and do not represent the quality of the player or their winning percentage. You might 'think' that they do, but they do not. If you are not yet a tix player, then play for fun. Ignore the ratings points. I will sell you all of mine for $1.00 so that you can have fun with them for all the good it will do you.....

Yet another topic on this.
Posted by gjamies1 (VIP) 27 Mar 2020 2:01pm

Points shown are current form, the higher the points, the better the current form. Only problem is, if you play someone with much lower points that you, you loose a lot of points. If it were a straight number of points for win/loose then the higher pointers will be more willing to play the lower pointers.
Jethrotull, not everyone wants to play for money!

gjamies
Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 30 Mar 2020 10:36pm

I never said that everyone should or would want to or even be able to play for money. But if you are not, then play for the fun of it. gjamies1 is still hung up on winning points. He still believes that the status of points means something like the skill of the player or their ability to defeat another player. You are wrong. I've seen players with 2600 ratings after playing less than 10 games. I've seen 1300 ratings playing 10,000 games. Who do you think is the better player? My offer still stands. I'll still sell you all my points. Enjoy them. Just send me the $1.00! When you have been on this site for 20 years, (like I have) give me a shout and tell me about all those points you earned and how many games you could have played if you had ignored them.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map