Main Forum | Post Reply
question I have
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 29, 2:37am EST

question I have
Posted by crippledroses 20 May 2019 12:18pm

question that I have wondered about for years. WHY did the players that came over to g/c get to keep their rankings? Some of them had 2800 or so rankings and their w/l was 2-3.

It's still the same. Explain that

re ladder scores
Posted by Giants (TD) 1 Jun 2019 3:41pm

Crippledroses,please see the post by players on 11 Feb and updated 28 March. A lot of your questions will be answered there.

same
Posted by riverrose 4 Jun 2019 1:03pm

a player who has a record of 114-204 win loss but has a 2400 rating? Something is wrong with that process. Justify anyway you want. IT'S WRONG

Ladder scores
Posted by gjamies1 (VIP) 8 Jun 2019 12:05pm

I asked a similar question a few years ago, on how players had such high ladder rankings with their win/loss ratio. Never did get an answer, only play for tickets and ladder rankings come secondary. Nor really an answer.

Ladder is not ratings
Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 9 Jun 2019 11:26pm

Once again a ladder rung position is not rating points. Rating points mean nothing. Don't get hung up on it. It is easy to only play your friends or higher rated players to 'boost' your ratings. Those points are meaningless. Either play for fun, or worry about tix or ladder position (both pay cash). If your rating points are 1,000,000 who cares? It doesn't mean a thing and does not mean the player is good or better than the next player. It is like monopoly money. You can't spend it, so my advice is to not get worked up about it. Start concentrating on ladder or tix. Rating points DON'T MEAN ANYTHING.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map