Main Forum | Post Reply
Ratings?
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 28, 5:53am EST

Ratings?
Posted by gjamies1 14 Sep 2017 10:32am

Excuse my ignorance, but how does the rating system work? I hover around the 1500, and see others with a rating of well over 2000. On closer inspection of one today whose rating was 2442, on looking at his record of wins and losses saw that he/she had played 1370 games, won 642 and lost 728, a negative win ratio. Can you explain how this works?

Ratings
Posted by gjamies1 20 Sep 2017 11:58am

Anyone know?

gjamies1
Posted by KymB (VIP) 21 Sep 2017 3:03am

sorry I dont think there is really an answer. they don't play ladder and only players in their" FALSE: BRACKET... they are scared to play real players. that is my opinion and there u have it!

Ratings
Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 21 Sep 2017 7:53pm

I am sure there is some math algorithm that has them move up and down. As they are basically meaningless, I would not get to worked up over them. Anyone who has pride in their high ratings is normally very selective in who they play and also is not a tix player. Until you can turn those rating points into cash, who really cares?

Ratings
Posted by gjamies1 24 Sep 2017 8:41am

Not getting worked up, just curious how they are achieved. Unfortunately when achieved, said players think it beneath themselves to play lower ranked players. Sad really.

ratings
Posted by xeasygoin 26 Sep 2017 7:25am

Hi. In regards to higher ranked players not wanting to play lower ranks i kind of understand. I have been playing on this site for more than 10 years and to maintain interest I set myself a target to reach. Although when i get close I come tumbling down pretty quickly but if I didnt do this I wouldnt be so keen to play as often. Yes, im mystified at how some players reach such high scores and maintain them, I have been hovering around 1500 for years but if I get to about 1800 I drop back down within days.

Ratings
Posted by iPeg 16 Jan 2018 5:56pm

The ratings system is based on the same ratings system (ELO) used for chess, which is entirely skill based. The ELO system is quite flawed when applied to cribbage because of the luck of the draw factor. The highest rated player can still lose to the lowest rated player. A fairer system would factor in winning percentage, opponents winnings percentage, and head to head play.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map