Main Forum | Post Reply
re ladder scores
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Apr 18, 5:29pm EST

re ladder scores
Posted by gooders2 (VIP) 11 Feb 2019 10:51am

as of lately i payed a tourney were i lost to a player of 2000 points lower my ladder went down by 80 points,now when i try to play no one wants to play i.e my ladder is low ,is it possible the colony can restart everyone on 1500 and give 10 points for a win and deduct 5 points for a loss this might stop all those on2000s blocking you from playing,and those that have played 2000 games lost 1300 and have a ladder of 2400,it is realy annoying when you are on 1560 points and you try to play someone higher they block you, realy it is just a game not a fight.

Ladder is not ratings
Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 22 Feb 2019 6:09pm

Gooders, the ladder has nothing to do with ratings points. You are referring to ratings which a lot of free players play for, but ultimately they are worthless and as stated on a lot of previous points, high 'rating' players tend to only play other high rating players. Since the points are meaningless, I would recommend that you concentrate on ladder positions. Since the ladder does matter (because it pays actual Tix at the end of each month), maybe playing for ladder position or Tix is better than worrying about points that are meaningless?

re ladder sorees
Posted by gooders2 (VIP) 24 Feb 2019 9:31am

sorry jethro i meant rateing scores but what i am trying to get at is people with higher rateing will not play lower raateing people

Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 24 Feb 2019 11:23am

Yup. I get it. And it will never change. So my advice is to not worry about it and play who you want to play and ignore the rest.

re ratings
Posted by bugsrandall (VIP) 28 Mar 2019 6:05am

Hey Gooders, I’ve just spent several weeks trying to working my way up the ratings and eventually got to 1892 before I realized just how unimportant the rating system is and how these high rated players are not the best players. Playing these high rated players actually won’t improve your game. I found, like you, that higher rated players don’t like playing lower rated players, however, if you simply look at the playing stats a lot of these players actually win less than 50% of their games. If you really want to improve your game and play the best players I suggest looking at a players win/loss stats and not their rating. Another way would be to play tournaments or mini tournaments, in this environment you will compete against some of the best players and you will soon understand if your game is up to scratch.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map