Main Forum | Post Reply
Ratings reductions for 'excessively selective' play
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 28, 9:52am EST

Ratings reductions for 'excessively selective' play
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 4 Oct 2017 10:02am

We have reduced all of the unreasonably high ratings that were achieved by excessively selective play. One needs to play all players with all ratings - both high and low.

Some ratings may also have received an unreasonable boost if one played and won against those players who artificially boosted their ratings.
Unreasonably high ratings were decreased across the board for all players.

ratings
Posted by KymB (VIP) 5 Oct 2017 1:17am

Finally!!! some players think they are all that and a bag of chips... Ha Ha!!

ratintgs
Posted by KymB (VIP) 8 Oct 2017 2:06am

Well i guess i am not a fan among players now, They are mad at me that i decided with you. Oh well we can't all be liked.

ratings
Posted by KymB (VIP) 9 Oct 2017 4:17am

I tried to play many players tonight..no one would play me. so sad it has come to this. Crib should be fun. i was lucky thAT i HAD 2 DAD'S and my x to teach me.., I love crib!

High rankings
Posted by xeasygoin 10 Oct 2017 9:14am

Hi. Ive never achieved a high rank but have no problem with players that have. It only takes a few seconds to realize that they are waiting for a similar rating to play so just move on. I always end up getting a game within a few minutes, its the high ratings that have to wait forever. Whats the point of having ratings if you cant enjoy it the way you want to. I think it would be impossible to reach the scores which you allow it to go to unless you played selectively so why have rankings if, as far as a lot of people are concerned, they dont matter?
Meant in the politest way. Thank you.

Difference between rankings and ratings
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 10 Oct 2017 9:24am

We only took away all excessively high ratings that reached ridiculous heights not supported by the intrinsic skill range differences in their respective games.

Also, there’s a difference between a player’s ranking and a player’s rating. A player can be ranked as #1, 2, etc. for example in our monthly Ladder competitions that offer prizes for 10 top ranked players.

There are multiple ways to compete -
(a) compete on the ever growing numerically expressed artificial number that is supposed to represent skill
or (b) compete for prizes and spots in monthly Ladder competitions or (c) become a $Ticket player and compete for $Tickets.

xeasygoin
Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 11 Oct 2017 1:59am

Become a tix player and those ratings will no longer mean anything to you

Posted by OnTheCape400 17 Nov 2017 8:05pm

I now know that "invite all" does not mean all are invited to join a game.

Are ratings all that important that we've lost touch with what Cribbage is all about, such as being a card game to be enjoyed?

Over and out...

ratings
Posted by KymB (VIP) 19 Nov 2017 1:17am

On the Cape....Bravo I so agree. Cribbage is meant to be fun! ok a challenge is a challenge. I was lucky to have my Dad, Step Father, x-husband, Father in law, and many others to ENJOY playing cribbage with me Let's get back to the basics and have FUN!

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map