Main Forum | Post Reply
TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS
Play backgammon tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 28, 10:35pm EST

TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS
Posted by GoDiva 2 Aug 2018 1:16pm

BACKGAMMON TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS (TOC)

Many of you will have noticed the TOC held in cribbage last month.
We are introducing it in BG this month, with a similar format.
It will be hosted by Dede on the last Sunday of the month, at 5pm, and will be a 1 point double elimination with an entry fee of 6 tix. Webs have
agreed to an extra 15 tix bonus for the winner, on top of normal payouts.
In order to qualify, you must have had at least one first place spot in a tournament in the previous month. (July for the first one).
Your name MUST match the name on the list, so if you have changed your name recently you will need to change it back to the one that you won with in order to play in the TOC.
Below is the list of players eligible to compete in the BG TOC onSunday 26th August at 5pm.
Dede is very much looking forward to seeing you all there!

2zigs
APPROACHwCAUTION
Arcadia
AttackForce
bokr57
Cantuvio
clobianco
coco72
DMVanzandt
docGT2
fluffinator
Gemnobay
jcbtime
jethrotulll
Jimbo_
juanjose56
magdeln
MagicGames
Myomassage
notsure
nutumba
oldrockdadio
PhantomMenace
PortCoqBC
PUNTER
purple1119
Remz777
Rmurgs
roser
Starguide
Timestopper79
trigger1111
UMWolverine
UncleMitcha
zedlayson

Great!
Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 4 Aug 2018 9:25pm

This is great, but clearly Backgammon needs more tournament players. This is 1/3 of the amount of winner in cribbage.

TOC
Posted by zamo27 (VIP) 22 Aug 2018 7:18am

Hi. Great idea ! I see 35 players who already won a Tourney, which is exellent ! The idea of having an extra Tix bonus just for the winner of such a great Tourney, does not seem so great idea ... I suggest having some extra Tix bonus for the runner up too. Thank you.

Maybe they will Coco
Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 22 Aug 2018 8:59pm

But we have to even see if this first TOC goes. Most BG do not go. Sometimes only 1 tournament a day goes. I would guess that if you want or expect more payouts, then we would need more participation.

TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS - YIPPEE!!
Posted by PRETTY_PATTI_ (TD) 23 Aug 2018 12:53pm

Thank you for bringing TOC to the Backgammon community! And I really like the advertisements running in the chat box this early - it will help with reminding them to plan on attending.

BG
Posted by DeDe (TD) 23 Aug 2018 1:24pm

I AM EXCITED ALSO FOR THE 1ST TOC IN BG SO SEE ALL YOU PLAYERS THERE !!!! YIPEE AS PATTI SAYS . THANKS ALSO TO WEB FOR ADVERTISING IN MAIN HALL SO APPRECIATED

In response........
Posted by GoDiva (moderator) 23 Aug 2018 3:48pm

A couple of points. We introduced this in Cribbage last month with bonus tix just for the winner and that is what we are doing in BG also. However it did attract more players than normal, so payouts were very good anyway. Let's hope we get the same result in BG!
Also,out of interest, on checking completed tourneys, there were 89 in August, up to 23rd, averaging just under 4 per day.

Agree with coco
Posted by MagicGames (VIP) 23 Aug 2018 4:44pm

It is super for admin to add 15 tix to the prize so thank you for that. I have more of a sharing thinking where 10 tix extra for the winner and 5 tix to the runner-up would be my preference rather than only the winner getting all the bonus tix.

Although lotteries are done this way also where someone wins millions with only a few winners, I would take the same prize and give 50 winners with same thinking.

About Jethro's comments, he only comes once in a while to play and doesn't know an average of 4 tournaments are a go each day. Doesn't compare to crib but it isn't only one per day.

CYBER TOC TREATS
Posted by LADY_AWE (VIP) 26 Aug 2018 11:50am

I signed up for cupcakes and juice boxes to bring to the TOC today. I tried to volunteer for a more hardy party drink but alas, the Snax Patrol voted that down. But if some of you are more clever than I, sneak them in, kk?

Sometimes
Posted by jethrotulll (VIP) 26 Aug 2018 4:16pm

I said 'sometimes' Magic. Let's avoid misquoting & misinterpretation.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play backgammon tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map