Main Forum | Post Reply
Preferred tournaments
Play backgammon tournaments online
It's now:   May 22, 7:18pm EST

Preferred tournaments
Posted by PhantomMenace (VIP) 13 May 2018 6:15pm

Nice to see and new TD. You asked for feedback so I will start.

My preferred tournament setting is 3 pts CR for $5. I would try to make these if time is right and I am available. I also will play:
-1 pt matches for 2 or 3$
-2 pt no double for $3-4 is ok and
-$5-6 for D/E tournaments for the settings above.

GREAT INPUT
Posted by PRETTY_PATTI (TD) 14 May 2018 8:43pm

Thank you PhantomMenace for posting your preferences here in Backgammon Land. I really appreciate it. I would like it to become commonplace to see 3 pt matches available as well. While they take longer to accomplish, they speak to the hearts of a true player because they encompass it all - skills in both play and the use of the cube coupled with an unpredictable amount of luck. I am also considering a once a week 5 ptr tournament for a higher entry fee to generate a "purse of passion." Any more feedback out there? Let's hear it. Thanks!!

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play backgammon tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2017

Site map